Re: Strange behaviour of NVDA on Wikipedia

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

I only use chrome, so no idea if it happens on firefox or not.

On 5/21/2018 3:31 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

And is this across all browsers tested?

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Travis Siegel
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2018 12:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Strange behaviour of NVDA on Wikipedia

It's not just on wikipedia, it happens on other web pages too.  I thought it was just an artifact of the way the page was laid out, I didn't think it was an NVDA problem, but it certainly could be.  No idea what would caus it though.

On 5/21/2018 2:49 PM, Morne van der Merwe wrote:

Hello list,

Please bare with me. I am going to explain my problem as best as I can.

I’m running the latest version of NVDA as well as Windows 10.

When I’m reading about a country on Wikipedia, NVDA read the information and, when reading the next part of information, NVDA adds the previous information as well. And before reading the next information, it repeats the previous information.  I’m going to give an example.

Currently I have “Germany” open in Wikkippedia.  NVDA reads “Federal republic of Germany, Bundesrepublik Deutschland.”

Then I arrow down to the next piece of informationwhich is the information about the capital and largest city.  I hear the following information:  “Capital and largest city. Federal Republic of Deutschland, Bundesrepublik Deutschland Berlin.” So, I get to the next piece of information, but I hear the previous piece of information again.

Well, I really hope I explained my problem sufficient enough to get some help.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Morné