Re: Problems with NVDA and latest Windows 10 1803

Jackie

Yeah, & this was something I was gonna ask Steve to do, ie, download
frst64.exe & run it so I could see what apps were running. I wanted to
see if a reinstall might help first, though, because Steve doesn't
know me all that well, & the program might provide me w/insights he'd
rather I not have. But it would be interesting to see if perhaps there
were bloat/mal/pup-ware on the machines that was taking up resources.

Hi all,

To Steve: thanks for testing this.

To everyone else: Steve’s reply confirms suspicions raised by some folks:
UIA miscommunication. UIA slowing down can be caused by anything, the most
notable ones being a flood of events and a long-running task that blocks UIA
from helping NVDA. I’m thinking that somehow, there are apps that uses a lot
of resources or fires many UIA events to a point UIA stalls. One possible
way to resolve this is closing apps via Task Manager (although that might
not respond well if tasks use a lot of resources).

Regarding this problem, if I remember conversations between developers
correctly (on Gitter), Microsoft and NV Access had many conversations
regarding this matter. Although Microsoft did fix UIA issues in recent
Windows 10 releases, both entities acknowledge that there are problems to be
resolved.

Cheers,

Joseph

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>