Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: [nvda] About Linux

Simone Dal Maso

Hello,
using linux without command line is quite a nonsense, and perhaps a bit stupid.
If you want a really friendly operative system with gui, you have 2 choices: Windows, or MacOs.
NVDA *never* will run on linux.
Or perhaps with an emulator called Wine it can run, but it is quite unuseful since there are no windows operative system to read.
Linux has its screen reader that is Orca, but is not on my opinion robust like NVDA.

Il 23/05/2018 10:44, zahra ha scritto:
hello.
i wished to use linux,
but if it was exactly the same with windows!
i realy hate terminal,
i even cant use cmd on windows and prefer wizard and gui interface
that i can have my selection, rather than memorizing hundreds of
codes!
if i could install nvda and other softwares which i use on windows, in linux,
and i could do installation of softwares and other usual tasks without
terminal and command line,
certainly i said goodbye to windows and migrate to linux.
but unfortunately,
i believe that linux is not user friendly and becomes not, at least
for many years!
On 5/23/18, Brandon Cross <bcross3286@...> wrote:
I'm sorry, but if that's the impression you have, you are much mistaken.
This is not only advisable, it can be dangerous. Stop and think about it
for a second. Why would they make an operating system where you had to type
one command before any other command you type? Doesn't make sense, does it?
Also, remember that you are authenticating each time you do this, even
though it may be set up so that you don't need to use your password each
and every time, which ever command you use with sudo gets elevated to root
status. A little reading will tell you all you need to know. I don't like
it when people spread information that could harm other people's machines
or harm them in some way, accidentally is one thing, but if you just say oh
its ok, you're being intentionally ignorant. Then, what happens if someone
inexperienced comes along and sees this and tries it, maybe nothing, maybe
they type sudo rm -rf * from the root directory, then bye bye machine.