From: "Ervin, Glenn" <glenn.ervin@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Cloning drives

The talking WinPE has programs for this, but I usually do this in Linux, since I think it does a better job.
Linux has a command-line tool built in for this, called DD.
Linux command-line is much like DOS.
If the drive you want to copy is called:
/dev/sda
And the drive you want to copy it to is
/dev/sdc
You would type:
Dd /dev/sda /dev/sdc
If you want to clone a partition into a single file, the command would be:
Dd /dev/sda dev/sdb/myfile.iso
You would not clone a drive onto itself, so you would have to direct it to another drive that is why you might direct it to something like /dev/sdb in that example.
But that is just an example of using the command-line in Linux, it works much like DOS.
But I use the GUI for things like web browsing, and eMail and text editing and manipulating files.
Glenn