Re: Web Page navigation

Gene

I don't know what you are searching for so I can't comment speciffically.  If you know what you want to find, then of course, the find command is very useful.  If you aren't sure, it may not be, at least looking in that way.  In this case, you may have to use a method I've described to move to the beginning of articles.  Then if you want to move from article to article. tab through the links. 

You will then skip all explanatory text.

gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 7:31 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Web Page navigation

Hi Gene,

Thanks. I will work on this and see how I manage. First attempts are a bit discouraging.
Am not getting same responses as you suggest.
Regards,

William

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2016/05/12 11:03:11 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Web Page navigation
Hi William

it does not look as though you have many single letter navigation keys you can use even in the news letter.

The letter k will take you to any links in the email. Where the links take you to another web page on the one or 2 I went to you could use the letter H to jump down by headings, k for links and g for graphics. If you are using a desktop pc the nvda key and the down arrow key will read out the page for you. If you are also new to browsing using the alt key + the left arrow key will take you back a page and the alt and right arrow key will take you forwards a page.

This is only if you have been to those pages first.

For other webpages you might be able to use the full list from the user manual this will change from website to website.

The part in the user manual is 6.1. Single Letter Navigation

Gene nz

On 12-May-16 8:18 PM, willmac@... wrote:
Hi,

I find it difficult move around in a web page and get NVDA to speak continually on any given item.

Witch is one of the pages I would like to navigate.

Would it be possible for some kind member to list the short-cut keys necessary to enable me to do this.

Regards,

William

-- 
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.