Re: Web Page navigation

Gene

It is a copy of a newsletter.  I don't know how many newsletters use the kind of headings that screen-readers can detect.  Nothing has been stripped out.  However the newsletter is written, it doesn't use headers.  And if it did, since most items are links to articles, headings wouldn't help much unless specific departments or articles that repeatedly deal with the same subject from week to week are headings and nothing else.  Having links be headings would be worthless.  You would simply have another way to move through links in that case.

Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Web Page navigation

Yes I was responding to the direct question about using single keys.
Strangely some of the other pages on that site are fine, its as if the main
page has had its headers stripped out for some weird reason. I'm not a great
fan of sites that put read more all over the place as pretty soon you have
tabs open all over the place to find simple things out. Why not put a digest
on the page to start with.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.