Re: HELLO THERE

Darren Harris

Thank you. I did get the win10 app essentials addon. I believe the latest version of skype isn’t that accessible so is there an earlier version I can get? Windows 10 doesn’t come with skype preinstalled does it? I have business skype as I have my office 365 subscription but I’m not sure if I can use that for a normal skype account?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 24 May 2018 12:52
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] HELLO THERE

You can see all officially approved NVDA add ons on this page:

You may find and use unapproved add ons but they may not work properly or they may be malicious.  Those that are officially approved are reviewed by members of the NVDA community and are known to be safe and are expected to work properly.

The page I sent a link for has a search field and, below the introductory text, are links to all officially approved add ons.  If you follow a link, you will get more information about the add on and a download link.

there is a Winamp add on, but you may or not care about the extra functionality it provides.  I mentioned that one because you mentioned Winamp.  You may find add ons for other programs you mentioned, I never checked.

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 3:54 AM

Subject: [nvda] HELLO THERE

Hi there,

I’m a new nvda user. I’m liking it so far I’m really impressed with it.

I’m just wondering about any good addons that might be useful. What do people favour using? I use programmes like iTunes and winamp and skype. I haven’t yet downloaded skype onto my new machine as I’m told it’s not that accessible. Would like more information on this.