Re: Web Page navigation

Gene

I'm trying to do both because so many blind people don't use the Internet eefficiently.  In addition, it is more efficient in this case to use the skip links command as I described and then tab or use the letter k to move from link to link.  The links list doesn't have any way to skip the navigation links.

Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Web Page navigation

Gene,

           When the format of a given specific webpage is known, and in this case it is known to be nothing more than a list of links to articles, I don't think it's a disservice to anyone who cannot see to state that fact and to tell them that for this particular page using an elements list is the way to go.

           I'm not trying to teach general principles here, but to help someone get through a very specific webpage, and its child pages.

           And, yes, that's my opinion when I have a specific case under discussion, not a "how would one best go about this in the general case of an unfamiliar page."  Even then I'd encourage someone to give the elements list a look to get a quick snapshot regarding what links, headers, or landmarks might or might not be present.  There's more than one way to skin a cat.

   ~ Henry Rosovsky