Re: how can i change voice dictionary in nvda to espeak not announce punctuation?

Jonathan COHN

Hello,

I know very little about the Arabic or Farsi languages. I assume the punctuation you are looking at is not Latin based? Even so, I believe the UNICODE standard (which is not always used by Windows systems), defines which codes should be punctuation for the alphabet being encoded. Also, sometimes the same symbol can have different ways to be represented in Unicode since even though the graphic looks the same there are different meanings for the symbol. A good example of this is that the dash and the minus sign in Latin alphabets usually look identical, but there is a different UNICODE representation. Another place this happens is accented characters, where often these can be represented as two characters in one location or as one character.

In any case, it would be good to try and provide the details of the issues to NVDA developers so that all folks using the symbols you are having issues with can have the problems resolved. Also, in at least Latin based languages, some punctuation has significantly different interpretation when in the middle of a word or number and NVDA can support these differentiations.

Best Wishes,

Jonathan

is there any solution for changing voice dictionary according to my need?