Re: how to use bluetooth

Gene

After she said that the message would be more appropriate for another list, she said, this list is for NVDA.  This is the second such message she sent in the last day, the other regarding a Braille display.  In both, she said, this list is for NVDA,  That is moderation.  the list allows a certain amount of off topic discussion.  I wouldn't have raised the matter at all if there had been only one such message, nor would I have raised it if the messages had just said something like, you may get better answers on a different list or this question would be better asked on a Windows 10 list or something of the sort.  But they went further.

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] how to use bluetooth

To be fair to Rosemarie, she did not say that this message was not appropriate
for this list.  She said that the question might be more appropriate for
another list.

For me, that's the difference between saying "you should not ask that here" and
"you might get better responses if you ask over there".

One is playing moderator; the other is simply giving helpful advice.

Antony.

--
My life is going completely according to plan.

I do sometimes wish it had been *my* plan, though.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.