someone that "this list is for NVDA" was a potential problem. I hope everyone
here can learn a lesson from this.

Antony.

On Thursday 24 May 2018 at 21:17:52, Gene wrote:

After she said that the message would be more appropriate for another list,
she said, this list is for NVDA. This is the second such message she sent
in the last day, the other regarding a Braille display. In both, she
said, this list is for NVDA, That is moderation. the list allows a
certain amount of off topic discussion. I wouldn't have raised the matter
at all if there had been only one such message, nor would I have raised it
if the messages had just said something like, you may get better answers
on a different list or this question would be better asked on a Windows 10
list or something of the sort. But they went further.

From: Antony Stone
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 1:52 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how to use bluetooth

To be fair to Rosemarie, she did not say that this message was not
appropriate for this list. She said that the question might be more
appropriate for another list.

For me, that's the difference between saying "you should not ask that here"
and "you might get better responses if you ask over there".

One is playing moderator; the other is simply giving helpful advice.

Antony.

On Thursday 24 May 2018 at 18:56:13, Gene wrote:
Please stop telling people what messages are appropriate. the list
allows a certain amount of off topic traffic and has since I've been a
member for years. List owners and moderators on lists in general don't
want members who aren't moderators, sending moderation messages to the
list. It isn't specific to this list, but a general expectation. If
you want to suggest that the person might get better answers on another
list, that's one thing. But discussing appropriateness of messages and
saying that the list is about NVDA is moderating.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria Sent: 24 May 2018 18:23
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi, Anthony,

This question would be more appropriate for a list like the windows 10
list. This list is for NVDA.

Rosemarie

On 5/24/2018 7:12 AM, anthony borg wrote:
Hi folks
Can somebody please explain to me how to transfer an mp3 from a laptop
to a mobile phone via bluetooth?
Thanks in advance
Anthony
--
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was formed in 1824.
The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children was not formed

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.