Re: how to use bluetooth

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Anthony,

Thanks for backing me up. Yes, all I was trying to do was give helpful advice--not play the part of a moderator. I won't say anything more.

Rosemarie

On 5/24/2018 11:52 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
To be fair to Rosemarie, she did not say that this message was not appropriate
for this list. She said that the question might be more appropriate for
another list.

For me, that's the difference between saying "you should not ask that here" and
"you might get better responses if you ask over there".

One is playing moderator; the other is simply giving helpful advice.

Antony.

On Thursday 24 May 2018 at 18:56:13, Gene wrote:

Please stop telling people what messages are appropriate. the list allows
a certain amount of off topic traffic and has since I've been a member for
years. List owners and moderators on lists in general don't want members
who aren't moderators, sending moderation messages to the list. It isn't
specific to this list, but a general expectation. If you want to suggest
that the person might get better answers on another list, that's one
thing. But discussing appropriateness of messages and saying that the
list is about NVDA is moderating.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria Sent: 24 May 2018 18:23
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how to use bluetooth

Hi, Anthony,

This question would be more appropriate for a list like the windows 10
list. This list is for NVDA.

Rosemarie

On 5/24/2018 7:12 AM, anthony borg wrote:
Hi folks
Can somebody please explain to me how to transfer an mp3 from a laptop to
a mobile phone via bluetooth?
Thanks in advance
Anthony