Re: How do I run a portable copy of NVDA from a USB flash drive

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

usually when i do a portable version of nvda i usually put it into a
folder called nvda and all of its files go into that. it means i can
also have other folders and keep it better structured rather than having
files all over the place. Plus it is easier to start nvda.

Gene nz

On 5/24/2018 10:52 AM, Richard Wells wrote:
Maybe I shouldn't, but I have always used NVDA Portable on the root of
my USB media. Other than personal preference, is there any reason for
me to stop this practice? Thanks and I will appreciate all information
on this topic.

On 5/23/2018 4:00 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
That very much depends how you copied it. I think most people prefer
not to have nvda in the root of the ram drive. I would also add here
that in Windows 10, the usability of a portable version of nvda is
much reduced over using it in Windows 7, mainly due to many parts of
windows only being given access to for an installed bit of software.
Thus you might consider with the permission of the machines owner
installing nvda on the machine but not making it auto start, so at
least the next time you  need to use it it has the best access it can.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-