I knew they had disabled the functionality back in windows 7 but did not realize how long ago it was.

In the machines i use now the run or install option under the auto play menu is disabled as well. for nvda to be used on a CD it had to be enabled but have not even gone down that route for so long as a usb stick is much smaller and you can get nvda up and running on a new machine quickly if you know what to do.

Gene nz

On 5/25/2018 11:21 AM, Gene wrote:
Here is an article from Microsoft discussing changes made to Windows 7 at some point after its release.  Autorun was disabled, autoplay wasn't.
These changes, though this isn't discussed in the article, remain in all later Windows versions.  This wasn't stated in the article because the article was written before any later versions were released.

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 6:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How do I run a portable copy of NVDA from a USB flash drive

Hi

If i remember right they disabled the autoplay menu so it did not work
any more.

I know what you are talking about it was the first option in the
autoplay menu and you just pushed the enter key to start your copy of nvda.

I am not sure if it can still be done I would have to enable the auto
play menu to see.

I think they made it so it can not be done any more but could be wrong.

can not even remember if I still have a copy of the autorun file to try
it with.

Gene nz