Re: how can i change voice dictionary in nvda to espeak not announce punctuation?

hi.
where can i find this ini file to modify it?

On 5/24/18, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@tiflotecnia.com> wrote:
Hello!

Try to add the following lines to your Symbols.ini:

، none never # ،
؛ none never # ؛

Rui Fontes

Às 19:13 de 24/05/2018, zahra escreveu:
hello jonathan.
yes, my problem is for two punctuations in farsi and does not affect
latin documents.
as i dont know there spelling in english, i just type the punctuation
hear.
،؛

On 5/24/18, Cohn, Jonathan <jcohn@air.org> wrote:
Hello,

I know very little about the Arabic or Farsi languages. I assume the
punctuation you are looking at is not Latin based? Even so, I believe
the
UNICODE standard (which is not always used by Windows systems), defines
which codes should be punctuation for the alphabet being encoded. Also,
sometimes the same symbol can have different ways to be represented in
Unicode since even though the graphic looks the same there are different
meanings for the symbol. A good example of this is that the dash and the
minus sign in Latin alphabets usually look identical, but there is a
different UNICODE representation. Another place this happens is accented
characters, where often these can be represented as two characters in
one
location or as one character.

In any case, it would be good to try and provide the details of the
issues
to NVDA developers so that all folks using the symbols you are having
issues
with can have the problems resolved. Also, in at least Latin based
languages, some punctuation has significantly different interpretation
when
in the middle of a word or number and NVDA can support these
differentiations.

Best Wishes,

Jonathan

On 5/24/18, 12:10 PM, "nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of zahra"
<nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:

is there any solution for changing voice dictionary according to my
need?

> That is all I know about that possible solution.
>
> Gene

for
me.
> hi gene.
> adding space for replacement in voice dictionary sometimes
resolves
> the problem and in some cases and sentences the issue is
unfortunately
> persist.
> what should i do to never hear any punctuation specially in
sayAll
and
> its better if its be possible when navigating line by line?
> thanks extremely for your help, God bless you all!
>
> On 5/24/18, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:
>> You would type a space in the replacement field. This will
probably
>> work.
>>

>> Gene
>> Gene

order to
say
>>> every punctuation entry some need to be altered in the
punctuation
list

>>> always, in more than one place.
>>> Brian