Re: Chatty infty and math with nvda

hbentley@...

HI Erik,

I've used nvda and chattyinfty for math, but it won't help you that much without inftyreader.  You need to convert the documents to a format that chattyinfty can read, for it the latter to be of any use.  This is what InftyReader does, (very well).

The setup I use now is I convert the documents from the pdf with embedded text set inftyreader, and set the output to .xml, which can be opened by microsoft word.  You need to purchase MathType, and install it in Microsoft word, then download a free toolbar, in addition, called Central Access Toolbar, or CAT for short.., here's the link.. while you're there, download central access reader... Google Link to Central Access Toolbar, (I Couldn't Find it online anymore, but I'm sure its out there somewhere): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1utQC3vuq1GqgsRUJo6yfoZM_mVf44df0 and Central Access Reader:
http://archive.org/download/CARSetup64/CAR_Setup_64.exe

CAT has to be installed in Microsoft Word, and what you do is recognize your pdf file with infty reader => export as .xml => open with MS Word=> click the "play" icon in the CAT toolbar under the "CAT" Tab, select "Recognized with InftyReader" from the drop down list on the right side of the screen, deselect "linearalize all equations", "unlinearize all equations", "highlight Equations", and "Convert OMML to Mathtype" - (we do the last step next, seperately), and hit the play button.  The plugin will transform your document into a well formatted version.

Next Hit the Mathtype Tab, (purchase here: https://store.wiris.com/en), click "convert equations" and make the following selections:

Then wait for Mathtype to process your document, (much better to install Mathtype on a drive with as much space as possible, as it is kind of a memory hog).

Wait for mathtype to finish converting, save document as .docx format, (you can do this before converting as well).

The open Central Access Reader, click the "plus" icon near the top left, and upload the .docx document you just saved... It will load to CAR and you can read it beautifully in this free application, much better than chattyinfty.

Let me know if you run into any trouble!!

Ben

On 25 May 2018 at 10:32, erik burggraaf <erik@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to get a head start on next semester's math.  I have chatty infty and nvda.  Do I need any add-ons?  Is any one else using this setup who can give me some insider tips?

I haven't even got my computer set up.  It's a weekend project and I just haven't gotten around to it.

Thanks for any advice.

Best,

Erik

--