From: nvda@nvda.groups.io<nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2018 3:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] File explorer (maybe)

I am trying to get clear about what's being asked here.

If it's how to get the path to a file you can do a Cortana/Windows search for the file, then when it shows up in the results and you have focus on it hit the menu/applications key or SHIFT+F10 and select "Open File location" from the pop up menu. You'll open file explorer for the folder in which that file is located, with focus on that file, and can get the full path, including the file name, using the Copy Path button in the Home tab [or just hit ALT+H,CP]. You can then paste this where you need it. One word of warning, though, it encloses the entire path in quotation marks, an example of which is:

"C:\Users\Public\Documents\BriTechGuy\Toolbox\Carry_With_Programs\Search_Everything\Everything-1.4.1.877.x64-Setup.exe"

You may need to remove those.

If you're trying to find task scheduler using Quentin's windows search method is the fastest way directly to it.

  After all, a democracy based solely on the values of the majority, with no overriding ethical principles and processes, is nothing more than clubhouse democracy, great for those on the inside and a tyranny for those who fail to see eye to eye with the majority.

  ~ Paul Noeldner, May 16, 2007