Re: NVDA w/VMware horizon

Jonathan COHN

I Personally use VMWare software on a Macintosh for most of my use of Windows OS, but I don't know anything about the Horizon product. If they are encapsulating a remote system through a chrome extension you could have troubles. If they are using just using the VMWare as a VPN type connection to a remote windows environment you have a better chance of things working though they might need to add Orca or NVDA or JAWS onto the remote system.

I worked with ISP Support centers for about 20 years, and in those days they mostly used Solaris based systems to access routers and servers. Solaris is a little bit like Linux these days in that HP allows it to be installed on systems without purchasing expensive hardware.

If you need some support, feel free to write me off list.

Jonathan Cohn

On 5/25/18, 8:00 PM, "nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of Guy Schlosser" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of guyster@...> wrote:

Hi all, got some good news, and just wondering about NVDA with VMware Horizon. I recently landed a technical support job with a company called Transcom. I will be helping phone and Internet customers troubleshoot their issues with getting on line, phone troubles, virus removal’s, etc. The catch is, they use a system called VMware horizon that you log into, in order to access the customer portal. Does NVDA work in this kind of environment? The portal itself is web-based, using Google chrome. I know that NVDA will probably have to be installed in the virtual environment, but are there any other accessibility challenges that could arise? Thanks in advance for any help or insight. Have an awesome memorial day weekend, and stay safe if you’re going anywhere.

Thanks,

Guy