Re: an add-on for visual studio is under development testing and feedback

Jacob Kruger

Will play around with it, and, it does already seem to improve things like intellisense, new project dialogue, etc.

Would it make a difference that the two versions of python have installed on this machine are 3.4 and 3.5.1?

Shouldn't, but, FWIW, think current version of system environment variable %path% points to 3.5.1, but anyway.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
"Resistance is futile, acceptance is versatile"

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: 13 May, 2016 2:00 AM
Subject: [nvda] an add-on for visual studio is under development testing and feedback

hello all,
I am currently developing an add-on for visual studio to resolve accessibility issues in some parts of the IDE's UI.
for all who might be interested, I want to know which parts of the UI do you find problematic and need further enhancements?? especially, if someone has used VS with jaws and he/she knows in which areas NVDA needs enhancements it will be great to hear from him /her.
here is the link for the git repo of the add-on
https://github.com/mohammad-suliman/visualStudioAddon
you can find info there of what I have done so far.
i fixed the problem of NVDA not reading the content of the debug windows. and made some improvements to intelliSinse. more info on the github page.
to test the add-on, you can clone the repo and build the add-on if you are familiar with add-on development. if not you can get only the file addon/appModules/devenv.py and put it in side your app module of NVDA user directory. if you need more info, just let me know.
I also can put the file on dropbox and share a link to it if that helps.
your feedback and help is so appreciated.
a question for code reviewers on the NVDA add-ons list, do you think that it is a good time to review the add-on now? if you think so, please feel free to do that.
I of course will be delighted to hear your tips, but I don't want you to do the review several times. the code still in the alpha cycle.
thanks,
Mohammad

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.