Re: A new member with some questions

Quentin Christensen

Hi Matthew,

Excel has a track changes feature which essentially works the same as the same feature in Word.  That is, once Track changes is turned on, any changes you make (deleting or adding text etc) is highlighted so your colleagues can see what has changed.

Where it is depends on the version of Excel you are using.  If you are using the latest Office 365, the feature has been depreciated in favour of Co-authoring.  If you are using an earlier version of Excel, the feature was in the "Review" ribbon (press alt+r to get to that ribbon)

I must admit, I haven't used co-authoring, so can't comment too much on that, you can find some information from Microsoft here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_excel-mso_other-mso_2016/track-changes-removed-from-review-tab/7da17fa0-ff14-45ab-bfa4-cf880ce9230b

You can still use Track Changes if you like, but you'll need to add it back to the ribbon.  See: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_excel-mso_other-mso_2016/track-changes-removed-from-review-tab/7da17fa0-ff14-45ab-bfa4-cf880ce9230b for details on how to do that.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 7:05 AM, Matthew Elliff <gowrone@...> wrote:
Hi. Ive been using NVDA for several years. I have some questions about
using NVDA with Excell for my work. I need to somehow highlight a cell
so that it will show my sighted coworkers that a change has been made.
Is this done in the ribbon somewhere, or is their a key combination to
do this faster? Also, how can I have NVDA tell me what changes have
occured for formatting, colors ect? Also, how can I have focus from
NVDA follow what's on the screen? I haven't needed to know this
information until now. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess