From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Melissa Jean
Sent: Wednesday, 30 May 2018 3:24 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A new member with some questions

You meant shift + tab. ctrl + tab goes between workbooks if you have more than one open,, right?

On 5/29/18, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
When you say you "tap" on one, do you mean with your finger, on a
touchscreen? If so, try double-tapping. If you tap once, NVDA will
announce the item, but you have to double tap to activate it. Similar
to the way the screen reader works on Android or iOS.

Oh yes, I meant to mention earlier, as Gene said, use TAB to move
through the ribbon. You can also use CONTROL+TAB to jump between
sections of the ribbon.

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 11:11 AM, Matthew Elliff <gowrone@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the info guys. What I mean is, say I have a bunch of Excel
documents up. When I tap to one, NVDA it will tell me I’m in the
next document, but on the screen, it only shows the one I was last
in. It’s not following me in each Excel document.

On May 29, 2018, at 7:08 PM, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

Once you move to a ribbon, you tab through the ribbon. You never use
up and down arrow keys.