Re: selecting the desktop

Jackie

Hello, Giles. Yes there is. To do so, you'll need to use NVDA's object
navigation. Go to your desktop, then navigate up by using insert up
arrow till you hear "desktop window". At this point, you can
right-click in order to personalize, change display options, etc. HTH.

On 5/30/18, Giles Turnbull <giles.turnbull@...> wrote:
Hi all,

is there a way to right click on the desktop in the way you can with a
mouse, not selecting any specific item?

I want to get 'personalise' in the desktop context menu so that I can add
'This Computer' as a desktop shortcut.

I can't figure out any way to not have an icon selected using NVDA, which
means I don't get personalise as a context menu option. I'd be grateful for
any ideas or alternative ways of configuring Windows to put the This
Computer icon onto the desktop.

Using Win10 and NVDA 2018.1

Thnks,

Giles