Re: selecting the desktop

Richard Wells

Giles: In Windows 10, the easiest way to get to personalize settings is to press WINDOWS-KEY+I, TAB in to the list of options, choose personalization, press ENTER there and choose themes. From there, choose related settings desktop icons and check the items you want. If you ever need to deselect anything on the desktop CONTROL+SPACE-BAR will do that.

On 5/30/2018 2:01 PM, Giles Turnbull wrote:
Hi all,

is there a way to right click on the desktop in the way you can with a mouse, not selecting any specific item?

I want to get 'personalise' in the desktop context menu so that I can add 'This Computer' as a desktop shortcut.

I can't figure out any way to not have an icon selected using NVDA, which means I don't get personalise as a context menu option. I'd be grateful for any ideas or alternative ways of configuring Windows to put the This Computer icon onto the desktop.

Using Win10 and NVDA 2018.1

Thnks,

Giles