From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Matthew Elliff
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 9:34 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A new member with some questions

For highlighting, I need to actually highlight a physical cell in an excel document, not have color follow the focus of NVDA. I schedule donation pickups for my work. Say some one calls and say adds items to a pick up that weren't there at first. I need to be able to highlight that cell so my sighted coworker can see at a glance without having to read my comments at first, if she can see this, she will know to go to that cell first. Does that make sense? Thanks for all the help guys.

On 5/29/18, Melissa Jean <Melissa.J.Hammitt@gmail.com> wrote:
You meant shift + tab. ctrl + tab goes between workbooks if you have
more than one open,, right?

On 5/29/18, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
When you say you "tap" on one, do you mean with your finger, on a
touchscreen? If so, try double-tapping. If you tap once, NVDA will
announce the item, but you have to double tap to activate it.
Similar to the way the screen reader works on Android or iOS.

Oh yes, I meant to mention earlier, as Gene said, use TAB to move
through the ribbon. You can also use CONTROL+TAB to jump between
sections of the ribbon.

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 11:11 AM, Matthew Elliff <gowrone@gmail.com>
wrote:

Thanks for the info guys. What I mean is, say I have a bunch of
Excel documents up. When I tap to one, NVDA it will tell me I’m in
the next document, but on the screen, it only shows the one I was
last in. It’s not following me in each Excel document.

On May 29, 2018, at 7:08 PM, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

Once you move to a ribbon, you tab through the ribbon. You never
use up and down arrow keys.