Re: Slack accessibility status?

Sarah k Alawami

I don't think there is an blog on accessibility. They say they will work on it. I don't use any clients but the one on my phone due to the inaccessibility and slow usage of the sites and web apps.

On Jun 2, 2018, at 9:55 AM, Robert Kingett <kingettr@...> wrote:

Thanks! Is there an accessible desktop client yet? What is the status of automatic reading of incoming messages using ARIA? Is there an accessibility blog category I can keep up with? I would like to continue to get accessibility updates. I tried it, and, it works best on windows with FireFox. Sometimes, the sounds stutter when NVDA is talking, but this only happens in FireFox 60. Thanks again and keep me informed!

On 6/2/2018 1:42 AM, Tomi (Slack) wrote:
# Please type your reply above this line #
Tomi (Slack)

Jun 1, 11:42 PM PDT

Hi Robert,

I'm just jumping in for Alan and Bel to let you know that we've added in-channel notification sounds for messages, @-mentions, and highlight words, and this should work for your NVDA + Windows configuration.

I hope this helps! Best,

Tomi

Get unlimited apps, access to all your messages, and so much more: my.slack.com/pricing?ce

This email is a service from Slack.
[44DPZY-YZXO]