Re: embedded object in Firefox

Pete <emac00@...>

I disabled adobe flash player for this vary reason,
I get warnings about flash player being disabled but the audio still plays,
not sure what is actually playing the audio,
using fire fox 46.0 win 7 64 pro nvda latest.
Pete

On 5/7/2016 10:06 AM, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:
Hi,

I found a problem in Firefox when attempting to listen to a sample of an
audio book in the BorrowBox library system. I don't know if this is an NVDA
problem or exclusively a Firefox Flash Player issue. or if Bolinda need to
do something with their Java script. I should mention that the sighted user
has no problem playing the audio sample using a mouse.

I am using Windows 10,, NVDA 2016.1 and Firefox46.1 on a desktop PC.

If List members would like to see the problem for themselves I recommend the
following url:
https://fe.bolindadigital.com/wldcs_bol_fo/b2i/productOverview.html?b2bSite=
4834&browseItemId=366096&fromPage=1
It is not necessary to sign in to sample the reading of a title.

Here is a typical audio book display:

--Start of clip -----------------------
link graphic Railway Viaduct
embedded object unavailable (this should say "Preview" but doesn't!)
Link Reserve
On Loan, Available on 22/05/16
Link Railway Viaduct
Link Edward Marston
Read by Sam Dastor
Crime & Thriller, Historical Fiction
eAudiobook - Unabridged
---end of clip ------------------

The player for the audio sample is activated by an "embedded object" that is
flagged by NVDA as "not being available". The BorrowBox help page advises
that Adobe flash must be active to enable audio sampling of each title. I
have Adobe flash installed and active. For example, I can play any song in
YouTube in Firefox without any problem.

After many weeks of failing to play the preview, I found the following
workaround using NVDA:

From the top of the web page select eAudio if not already selected. Then
press "g" to find a book title. If the next object after pressing
down-arrow once is "embedded Object" then you have an audio book and we can
start.

Here is the full sequence of steps:
1. Press G for the graphic of the book title;
2. Press down-arrow once to the embedded object. You should hear "Embedded
Object not available";
3. Press NVDA + numpad Enter to activate the embedded object. You should
hear "Embedded Object Unavailable Activate";
4. Press right arrow once. You should hear ""Space";
5. Press the space bar to start and stop the sample audio of the narrator
speaking.

If pressing the space bar does not act as a toggle and the enter key does
not do the job either:
6. Press right arrow once;
7. Press space bar or main keyboard enter to play and stop playing the audio
sample.

Can anyone advise what to do about this?
A. Is it an NVDA problem?
B. Is it a Firefox problem?
c. Is it a BorrowBox problem for the developer Bolinda to see to?

All the best,

Cearbhall