Re: reading very big texts in command-line applications, for example sdkmanager #addonrelease #addonrelesae

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Yes, this also works great, and very handy if you want to keep info around.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jackie
Sent: June 3, 2018 12:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] reading very big texts in command-line applications, for example sdkmanager #addonrelease #addonrelease #addonrelesae

Another thing I often do is pipe the text to a file, like:
netstat /B > connections.txt

Then I can just open connections.txt in my favorite text editor & look to my heart's content.

On 6/3/18, JM Casey <crystallogic@ca.inter.net> wrote:
Since you mentioned that the text is “very big”, it sounds like maybe
it’s scrolling off the screen. This isn’t anything to do with NVDA,
but it should make it easier to review a long stream of command line
output. Type in your command string and append “|more”, to it, without
quotes, but including the vertical bar | symbol. When text reaches the
bottom of the screen you will see a prompt to press a key, which
causes the text to scroll forward another screen. This will keep happening until the command output has finished.