Re: browse mode

Brennen Kinch

how do i disabel it

On Jun 3, 2018, at 7:59 PM, Sam Taylor <samtaylor9@...> wrote:

That may well be the problem. You may like to try an alternative or temporarily disable it, seeing if the problem is eleviated.

On 4 Jun 2018, at 09:56, Brennen Kinch <brennenkinch@...> wrote:

I am running sophos antivirus

On Jun 3, 2018, at 7:50 PM, Sam Taylor <samtaylor9@...> wrote:

Are you running HitMan Alert or a Sofos Antivirus professional product? These can play havoc with keyboard mappings and NVDA.

On 4 Jun 2018, at 09:48, Brennen Kinch <brennenkinch@...> wrote:

yah sorry i don’t do so well talking about problems through email but yes the problem occurs with every shortcut key in brows mode and it seems to do just about every other action but the action it supposed to do

On Jun 3, 2018, at 7:33 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

The symptoms described don't match the problem.  Here is the original description:

when I press the H key for headings it says no checkboxes no edit box no link but it doesn’t say anything about headings
Nothing was stated about web pages not being able to be read.  Nothing was said about any occurrence of the word "unknown" being spoken.

I have never seen this description of symptoms associated with the problem the corrective procedure is supposed to correct.  I see no reason to perform this corrective procedure until there is some indication that the problem has any of the symptoms associated with the problem this procedure is supposed to fix.

Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2018 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] browse mode

the tool Brian is refering to if it is the same bug i think it might be
grab a copy of nvda 2018.2 rc2 and download it and install it to your
computer. Then while nvda is running use the nvda key + letter N to go
into the preferences of nvda then go to tools a sub menu will come off
it then locate the following menu called Run COM Registration Fixing
tool... then press the enter key.

I am not sure after that but after the process should register any
broken dlls that nvda needs to use.

let us know if it does the trick.

By the way after you press the enter key on it the menu e pointed you
towards i am not sure if there are any thing or screen after that to follow.

Gene nz