Re: browse mode

Gene

You aren't exposed to a significant extent if you turn the software off and take precautions while it is off.  With the amount of sites that show hacked malware these days, you are taking a certain amount of risk but if you use an ad blocker, that risk is greatly reduced.  I don't know if it is eliminated.  I would think that for testing, if you go to a site where nothing has been flagged, you should be quite safe.  If you have been using a site regularly for weeks, months or longer and you test with this site, while there is no guarantee, but even without an ad blocker, the odds of something malicious being placed on the site by hacked advertising just when you decide to test are low.

Reasonable prudence is one thing.  "Fear itself" is another.

From: Jackie
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2018 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] browse mode

Which would essentially leave him on the net exposed to every piece of
malware known to hackerdom. I'm thinking perhaps not?

Brennen, there is an awful lot you don't tell us, ie, what version of
Windows you're using, what browser you're using, whether you've
optimized your computer for use by blind individuals, including
browser accessibility settings, and whether or not your version of
NVDA is portable or a standard installation.

I would suggest also viewing your event logs under control panel >
administrative tools, both in terms of systems & application logs as
well as your NVDA log to see if any errors are shown.

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com