Re: i need list of accessible browsers

Antony Stone

If you're looking for a list which is tuned to your personal criteria, then
you are the best person to create such a list, based on your own assessment of
what works well and what doesn't.

If you're looking for a general list which may be applicable to people other
than yourself, then I think I've already given reasons why it doesn't exist.

Antony.

On Monday 04 June 2018 at 12:21:27, zahra wrote:

hi antony,
for number 2, as you know, i only have nvda on windows and dont know
and dont have any operating systems and screen reader except windows
and nvda.
i dont use video websites, online shopp, games, messengers, etc.
so, i need the information for general usage of browsers in
accessibility with nvda,
the browsers that are based on gecko and chrome,
and also specially about the browsers that i mentioned there names in
my previous comment.
please help, thanks so much, God bless you!

On 6/4/18, Antony Stone <antony.stone@...> wrote:
I do not think you will find such a list, because:

1. browsers change too quickly, with new releases, bug fixes, extra
features etc, so it would be a lot of work to keep any list up to date
with these changes

2. there isn't a single measure of "accessibility" because some browser
features work better with NVDA than with JAWS, some work better with JAWS
than with Voiceover, some work better with Braille than with speech
output, so there isn't a single way of measuring the accessibility of a
browser that is meaningful to everyone

3. it also depends on what sort of websites you visit and what you want
to do with your browser, so for some purposes and users one browser /
screenreader combination may be best, but for other uses and users that
may not be the best choice.

Regards,

Antony.

On Monday 04 June 2018 at 11:31:32, zahra wrote:
hello every one.
i wish that find list of browsers based on chrome and based on firefox
and level of there accessibility.
how can i find such list?
can someone please send me the link?
also, did someone test opera recently to see its accessibility?
how about chromium, slimjet and vivaldi?
i appreciate any help, God bless you all!
--
Wanted: telepath. You know where to apply.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.