Re: browse mode

Brennen Kinch

hi so doing with Joseph said and putting NVDA in safe mode seems to have fixed the problem in terms of which ad on caused the problem I can’t say for sure because when I tried to enable one add on at a time and then restart nvda they all enabled at once so I’m not sure which one is the issue or if any of them were the issue but I will remember this for next time

On Jun 3, 2018, at 11:46 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Modern computers and even going back to XP didn't need optimization to function properly with screen-readers.  The symptoms described have nothing to do with whether anything is optomized.  Optomizing may make the computer work more efficiently with a screen-reader or it may do something like stop a crashing problem if the file pane in file Explorer is on.  Or it may make something like a file and folder list appear in a screen-reader friendly format.  But no optimization nor lack of it would cause or stop the current problem.  These are needless complications.

I don't know what the solution to the problem is but none of the things you discuss will solve it.

From: Jackie
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2018 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] browse mode

Which would essentially leave him on the net exposed to every piece of
malware known to hackerdom. I'm thinking perhaps not?

Brennen, there is an awful lot you don't tell us, ie, what version of
Windows you're using, what browser you're using, whether you've
optimized your computer for use by blind individuals, including
browser accessibility settings, and whether or not your version of
NVDA is portable or a standard installation.

I would suggest also viewing your event logs under control panel >
administrative tools, both in terms of systems & application logs as
well as your NVDA log to see if any errors are shown.

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com