From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2018 1:17 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] external serial synthesisers

The Dectalk ability you have is likely an illegal add on. And no Dectalk software, legal or illegal, has been as good as the old Dectalk external synthesizers or as the software emulations such as Text Assist, available a long time ago.

At some point, the code for DectTalk was lost. Attempts have been made to reconstruct it, but no reconstruction is as good as the old code.

plus using an external synthesizer of any kind removes the problem of using a single sound card with what you hear to record audio with no speech from the screen-reader.