Re: i need list of accessible browsers
Walker, Michael E
The latest Mozilla Firefox with NVDA 2018.1.1 works fine for me on Windows 10.toggle quoted message Show quoted text
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Monday, June 4, 2018 2:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] i need list of accessible browsers
there isn't much of a list anyway.
1. internet explorer, though thats old, insecure and crashes a lot.
2. edge, its a replacement but you choose if you like it.
3. chrome, just about everyone uses this somewhere it can be good or not you choose.
4. waterfox, this may change but its old firefox with a bit more improvement.
5. firefox esr 52 which is fine or 60 which well I don't use.
6. firefox normal which I don't use but if you have a fast cpu and loads of ram and don't need to fiddle with visual controls its probably ok.
7. opera, unknown myself.
Those are the major platforms the blind can use.
of course, thats subjective.
There are loads of ports for web brousers, there are older ports and shells for internet explorer like webformatter or web ie but these are out of date and antivirus can mark them as a problem.
Over that you have choice.
Web brousers that may work are sea monkey, the origional mozilla engine, netscape communicater 4x 5zx or 3 x.
Internet explorer 8 if you can find it, or 6 if you can find it but not much runs on that.
Your best bet if you have no idea is to be safe.
Safe brousers right now for me are waterfox and chrome and maybe firefox?
Ie is good for a few things but I wouldn't trust my data to it unless a site needs it, some things just crash with other stuff <sigh>
Edge, is edge.
Status may be heading towards accessibility but with ms being ms the trust I have for win10 is as only good as the current build I am on.
Every build requires you to relearn some of it, in most cases I have been able to for the most part shut down all the new stuff I don't care about and continue as I am.
I am concerned with microsoft getting github though.
Lets see, shut down everything so everyone needs to use microsoft software.
Lets hope microsoft are not brought out by twitter.
On 6/4/2018 10:31 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
If you're looking for a list which is tuned to your personal criteria,