Re: jaws & NVDA in combination

Zoe Fiogkos <fiogkos@...>

Hi Brian the NVDA shift z did indeed announce sleep mode on but unfortunately jaws still doesn’t respond to insert space s to turn on speech, any other ideas?

From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@...]
Sent: March-07-16 11:09 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Re: jaws & NVDA in combination

Zoe,

         In addition to mk360's suggestion, which is a good one, you might also try the NVDA "Toggle application sleep mode on/off" keystroke to essentially suspend NVDA completely until/unless you hit the toggle keystroke sequence again.  It's NVDA+Shift+S if you're using the desktop keyboard layout and NVDA+Shift+z with the laptop layout.

         I've used this same sort of command with ZoomText with clients who use a screen reader and ZoomText and it makes deactivating ZoomText and reactivating it much faster than actually shutting the program down and restarting it.  I feel fairly certain that an application toggle probably exists for JAWS, too, but I can't seem to find that at the moment.