Re: end of the line for nvda skype group

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I have to say its not been used here for almost a year now.
I find it irritating that such a simple system is not being made available in a basic form for low tech users and without the flashy front end changes every fortnight. Skype always had a reputation of bringing out improvements that broke it, and it seems this has not stopped with Microsoft owning it, sadly.
So what else is out there for desktop machines for good quality audio over the internet free?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2018 8:31 PM
Subject: [nvda] end of the line for nvda skype group

Hi all of you.

Pulling out of nvda skype group now because of 1, skypes uncertain future and 2. the fact I hardly contribute to it, I will shift all my conversational contributions to this list from now on if I havn't allready.

I will still use skype classic for family, but due to things as they stand I may have to remove skype from my contact and other info, it will be email for internationals only, skype if they need, but I will no longer advertise.

Microsoft has lost another user, skype classic interface is easy to understand, the new one I just don't care for.

Its a pitty its got to end this way but I may as well cut my losses right now rather than having to bother with things going bang.

I will have to either search for another solution or start paying high charges for international calls because skype new versions are inaccessible.

Way to go ms.

Can't skype classic just be pulled from the update loop and still be kept active?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.