Re: its beginning

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

The chatter is that Skype has lots of security holes and Microsoft are actively looking for a better way to go. when and if that does occur, I imagine the servers will no longer work with older protocols. It has for some time also had far worse drop outs and ducking issues sounding like a very badly set up vox system, which is annoying if you need to interview some luminary over it as bits of speech vanish.
Team talk does the same, incidentally, but I was very impressed by a friends Face time system, its a pity Apple does not make this system work on other platforms.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2018 8:24 PM
Subject: [nvda] its beginning

Hi.

Microsoft pushed out skype 8 preview today to me when I looked for updates.

I can't find how to turn it off the options are not in advanced, luckily I can still get classic skype, but if this really becomes a problem, my plan will to unsubscribe from the nvda group, its about the only thing and reason I have skype classic now.

After that I will use skype classic for amily things till microsoft finally pull it, however, I suspect its going to be a smart device, skype and maybe whats app pritty soon.

Its also clear that microsoft is now no longer keeping it a secret on skype7's death.

They are not updating it anymore.

Thats fine as long as we can still get it and never get an update for it again.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.