Re: Addint a Desktop Shortcut for Programs or Apps under Windows 10

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

One also has to say that my shortcut for create a new folder will work on windows 7 as well, and is why I remember it. Not much good learning it on ten then when you get on a 7 machine it won't work!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2018 10:44 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Addint a Desktop Shortcut for Programs or Apps under Windows 10

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 02:27 pm, Chris Mullins wrote:

The alt+numrow 2 is not a file explorer shortcut to create a new folder.
It’s a shortcut to the second item on the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) and
as this is user configurable, it could be anything.
You are definitely correct that ALT+number row 2 is for the second item in the QAT, but every instance of Windows 10 I've dealt with, as shipped, has only two items in the quick access toolbar for file explorer: Properties (1), New Folder (2).

There are six functions one can check or uncheck to include on the Quick Access Toolbar: Undo, Redo, Delete, Properties, New Folder, Rename in that order from top to bottom. The order in which one checks the various items if all are unchecked determines which position number each will have, 1 through 6 [or whatever number you have checked] on the QAT visually and their invocation via ALT+number row 1 through 6.

But, by default, and unless the system has been customized, ALT+2 should be New Folder.

--

*Brian* *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken , AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.