Re: end of the line for nvda skype group

It looks like its not completely the end.

It appears for 7 and 8 users we will have to just not install the skype classic update.

For 10 users, it appears microsoft have left us alone.

Previded we can get the skype classic program, ms doesn't ask us to switch over to the universal.

So at least for the moment they are leaving us alone who knows how long that is but still.

I have not as yet tried this.

The nvda skype group didn't have much traffic and I was thinking of pulling out anyway.

Skype isnot a real issue for me as I hardly use it.

Skype web via miranda works for text, now if I can use it to call skype then fine I guess.

There is zello but I have never figured it out as such.

On the other side those of us on android and ios devices will still be able to use skype,.

This seems to effect desktops, that is windows, mac and linux only.

For group chats there is teamtalk, and tthub.org are offering competitive rates right now.

I am interested though in some kind of voip or sip app that is easy to use, accessible and can use as a protocol skype calls, messages, groups and file shares which are the only things I ever use.

If that can be done and if I can login with my skype account then fine.

Right now skype classic still works.

Eventually that may die but who knows.

The skype interface with miranda ng is a bit different, I will have to get used to it but right now well.

I don't use skype enough to justify upgrading to anything new, I barely use that much of skype's power as it is.

On 6/7/2018 9:00 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I have to say its not been used here for almost a year now.
I find it irritating that such a simple system is not being made available in a basic form for low tech users and without the flashy front end changes every fortnight. Skype always had a reputation of bringing out improvements that broke it, and it seems this has not stopped with Microsoft owning it, sadly.
So what else is out there for desktop machines for good quality audio over the internet free?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-