Re: its beginning

The thing is that the skype7 powerfull features like keys, etc just didn't make it in other versions.

With the death of skype kit its not like someone could port skype over and convert it to a windows app.

Thats a thought, I do wander if people could ask microsoft to at least port the classic skype interface over for us if not the entire thing, menus, shortcut keys, sound, accessibility, and a few other things like lists of things and the windows and panels as well as boxes.

I do wander what is needed to convert something like skype with the classic app converter to a windows store app, that at least for us on 10 would fix things.

It would be better if ms well ported things over.

Skype does face stiff competition from other previders.

Just about everyone I work for and with uses whatsapp.

Bar family recordings and the like most of my stuff is handled with sightling help via whats app or standard phone calls.

On 6/7/2018 9:05 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
The chatter is that Skype has lots of security holes and Microsoft are actively looking for a better way to go. when and if that does occur, I imagine the servers will no longer work with older protocols. It has for some time also had far worse drop outs and ducking issues sounding like a very badly set up vox system, which is annoying if you need to interview some luminary over it as bits of speech vanish.
Team talk does the same, incidentally, but I was very impressed by a friends Face timeĀ  system, its a pity Apple does not make this system work on other platforms.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-