Re: accessible spreadsheet program using NVDA

Kenny Peyatt jr. <p.wildcat1234@...>

Have you tried openoffice?

Kenny Peyatt jr.

On 5/14/2016 8:39 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
I have been trying to use Libreoffice and have found that spreadsheets are not that accessible. I can't read the contents of cells without hittingh f2 and putting the cell in edit mode. I wouldn't exactly call that accessible. There are other accessibility issues too but I'll not go through all of them at this time.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 5/14/2016 1:48 PM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
hi!
you can use libreoffice without need to purchase!
its open source and accessible.
there website is

www.libreoffice.org

thanks for asking and god bless you.

Dan,

Are all of those PCs still in existence and still running MS-Excel
(or the MS-Office suite) on them? Most licenses allow you to have some set
number of machines that are currently operational running the software
you've licensed. If any of those has died, had MS-Office uninstalled, or
been taken out of commission and gathering dust somewhere you can request
that Microsoft re-activate the number of licenses that match the number of
"no longer operational" machines.

You could probably call Microsoft's Disability Services to get
assistance with this if your situation matches what I've mentioned above.

~ Henry Rosovsky