Re: i need list of accessible browsers

chromium is a browser that google chrome is based on.
because chromium is an opensource program that different companies
made different browsers based on it.

On 6/8/18, The Wolf <hank.smith966@gmail.com> wrote:
I think cromium is a operating system and not a browser?

can some one correct me on this?

Hank

On 6/7/2018 11:48 PM, zahra wrote:
hi again gene nz.
i searched in google and found this link.
it has very basic explanations for browsers and i encourage you that
in general, update this page freequently, because of the rapid changes
in the softwares.

http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda_road_tested_programs.html
by the way, it not mentioned chromium.
is chromium realy accessible?
and which one is better in terms of accessibility, google chrome or
chromium?

On 6/8/18, zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:
hi brian.
thanks so much for your explanations and guide.
firefox 52.6 and later are very slow on my system when starting time
or openning dynamic websites (i believe its because of the spectre
patch!
but i even i tested firefox 45.9, it was faster, but not very much.
i have a problem recently using firefox esr (any esr version that
tested)
nvda reads this message for me when openning many https websites.

The connection was interrupted while the page was loading.
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the
authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please
contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

yesterday, i reinstalled firefox 51 and fixed both the error issue and
slowness on xp.
i think that it even open websites faster, so, i believe that i should
use firefox 51 forever and never update it!
hi rosemarie.
thanks for your suggestion, but i use 32bit windows, and dont need and
dont like 64bit windows and 64bit browsers!

On 6/8/18, zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:
hi gene nz.
can you please send me direct link of your tutorial?
i did not find it in your website now.
hi shaun.
thanks so much for your explanation.
but between google chrome and chromium, which one is better for
accessibility with nvda?
did you test chromium to explane for me about diffrences between
google chrome and chromium?

On 6/6/18, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
If you're looking for a perfect browser, you won't find one. You could
try waterfox and see if that works for you.

On 6/4/2018 3:46 AM, zahra wrote:
but many people experienced different browsers and i wish that know
your experience as well as other users observation and test with
other
browsers.
which of the browsers that i mentioned did you test?
chromium, vivaldi, slimjet and opera.
i need chrome based browsers for reading pdfs and there is not any
perfect and accessible free program that can supports farsi pdf files
for me.
also, between chromium and google chrome, which one is the best
program for accessibility using with nvda?

On 6/4/18, Antony Stone <antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it> wrote:
If you're looking for a list which is tuned to your personal
criteria,
then

you are the best person to create such a list, based on your own
assessment
of
what works well and what doesn't.

If you're looking for a general list which may be applicable to
people
other

than yourself, then I think I've already given reasons why it
doesn't
exist.

Antony.

On Monday 04 June 2018 at 12:21:27, zahra wrote:

hi antony,
for number 2, as you know, i only have nvda on windows and dont
know
and dont have any operating systems and screen reader except
windows
and nvda.
i dont use video websites, online shopp, games, messengers, etc.
so, i need the information for general usage of browsers in
accessibility with nvda,
the browsers that are based on gecko and chrome,
and also specially about the browsers that i mentioned there names
in
my previous comment.
please help, thanks so much, God bless you!

On 6/4/18, Antony Stone <antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it> wrote:
I do not think you will find such a list, because:

1. browsers change too quickly, with new releases, bug fixes,
extra
features etc, so it would be a lot of work to keep any list up to
date
with these changes

2. there isn't a single measure of "accessibility" because some
browser
features work better with NVDA than with JAWS, some work better
with
JAWS
than with Voiceover, some work better with Braille than with
speech
output, so there isn't a single way of measuring the accessibility
of
browser that is meaningful to everyone

3. it also depends on what sort of websites you visit and what you
want
to do with your browser, so for some purposes and users one
browser
/
screenreader combination may be best, but for other uses and users
that
may not be the best choice.

Regards,

Antony.

On Monday 04 June 2018 at 11:31:32, zahra wrote:
hello every one.
i wish that find list of browsers based on chrome and based on
firefox
and level of there accessibility.
how can i find such list?
can someone please send me the link?
also, did someone test opera recently to see its accessibility?
how about chromium, slimjet and vivaldi?
i appreciate any help, God bless you all!
--
Wanted: telepath. You know where to apply.

Please reply to
the
list;
please