Turning text to speech

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

What is the currently suggested nvda friendly program for this task? Ie are there some that work with voices that one can add dictionary corrections to, as many Microsoft synths like speech platform seem to have massive issues with the letter no and even sappi 5 does odd stuff.
I've been using dspeech myself, for ages, but it is restricted to sappi 5 32 bit voices and one has to alter the words in the file itself to correct the pronunciation. I guess some kind of add on to do a say all to file might be nice but to me this is a stand alone program function.
What do you use?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.