A security question about the dll tool

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I see in the new RC3 of nvda 2018.2 that the dll registration tool is run on install now. However if one puts a portable version on a stick and takes it to another computer at a library, and uses it portably, what would running the registration tool do when run?
I mean it could well be that security would stop it working at all but if it were allowed this would be a security risk.

Just wondered as I cannot test this scenario.

Of course I guess they could just ban anything running at all from a stick without prior permission I supplose.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-