Re: Firefox Quantum?

Gene

Perhaps different users have different experiences after the changes and improvements on the initial changes.

I've probably written about this here before.  Use a portable version of Firefox to avoid the problem of the program updating.  It isn't supposed to but if you use a portable version, even if it updates, you can have a copy of the program as a backup.  just by copying the folder to another location.  Then all you have to do is delete the folder with the updated version and copy the backup folder to the same location.  Export book marks over time so you can import them into the backup verxsion after you've copied it to the location where you want it. 

You can get portable versions of Firefox here:
ESR versions are on this page as well as not ESR versions.

And I think it’s a good idea to use the portable version even if you don't have this kind of problem.  If it ever becomes corrupted, you can replace it, as I described above.  You don't have to know how to troubleshoot the program.  Just replace it with the backed up version.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, June 08, 2018 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum?

It loads quite fast for me, as far as I know and I'm using firefox 60.x I think. All pages load quickly like they are supposed to.

On Jun 8, 2018, at 8:07 AM, Danni <luv2ride67@...> wrote:

Is it supposed to work with NVDA and if so any idea why it takes so long to load? my computre updated without my permission "I'd had it marked never update" and am getting the same problem I did in november when it updated! I go to a site and wait and wait for it to load or click start escape taskbar over to page I was waiting on to find it works why is it doing this? and is there a fix?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.