thanks for sending this

I keep hearing mention of cobra screen reader is this no longer being made?

I know this is off topic so please email me off list

On 6/8/2018 7:35 AM, Christopher Gray wrote:
Hi:

I did figure out how to contact Magix and got the following response, actually a pretty good response.

Does anybody know about NVDA and this QT Framework?  Is this something that is being addressed in NVDA at all?

It sounds to me like these guys could be interested in helping.

Chris

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 12:21:29 +0200
From: MAGIX Support <support@...>
To: chris@...
Subject: Re: [Ticket#2018051617008471] Ihre Anfrage an den Kundendienst

Greetings Chris,

Thank you for contacting us.  I have discussed it with our developers, and I
have also researched the NVDA and Cobra screen readers, and it is our opinion
that the problem is caused by the new interface for SFAS 12.  The new version
uses QT framework, and from what I have found, there are many, many complaints
from seeing impaired users about difficulties with screen readers interacting
with QT framework.  I would recommend writing the makers of the screen readers
and ask them if they know of an incompatibility issue with QT framework.  Of
course, if there is, we would be happy to refund your purchase. If you would
like, I could send you a trial version of Sound Forge Audio Studio 10...I know
it's a bit older, but it uses a different framework, and should work much
better with screen reading software.  If you want to try that, let me know,
and I'll be happy to set it up.

??e apologize to you for the inconvenience of that.  I personally see it as a
big problem, and I will talk with our developers about what we can do in the
future to change this--it should be our goal as a company to make sure all of
our programs can function properly when used with a screen reading interface.
??e thank you for your time, and we will await your response.  In the meantime,
have a great day!

Best regards,
Craig Dickerson

MAGIX Software GmbH
Supportmanager

Postfach 500109
01067 Dresden
Germany

Managing Director: Klaus Schmidt, Jörg Stüber, Aishvarya Agarwal
Commercial Register: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 127205

* Please make sure to include your original correspondence when *
* replying and leave the subject line unaltered. Changing the   *
* subject line may cause your mail to be improperly assigned    *
* and result in a delayed response.                             *

05/16/2018 21:35 - chris@... wrote: [METADATA_START]
Interview: Do you wish to contact Technical Support? -> Music -> My enquiry is
about SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 12

Processor:
- Intel 7g
Operating system:
- Windows 7
Memory:
- 16g
Sound Card:
- Onboard HD and Audiobox
Graphics Card:
- Don't Know, worked fine with Sound forge 10
Browser:
- Internet Explorer

[METADATA_END]
I use the NVDA screen reader for the blind and Cobra screen reader for the
blind.
Soundforge 12.5 will not allow me to highlight portions of an audio file and
skips
around randomly in the file as well.  I need somebody to assist me in working
directly with the screen reader manufacturer to try and see what is going on.

Thank you.

Chris
[METADATA_START]

Weitere registrierte Produkte: