Re: accessible money

Antony Stone

Sweden has become largely cash-free during the past few years (ironically
enough, partly encouraged by a redesign of the banknotes, which instead of
accepting the change, people to a large extent simply stopped using them
completely).

There are many shops, restaurants and bars with signs saying "no cash" or "we
do not take cash" - they only take payment by card.

Antony.

On Saturday 09 June 2018 at 14:02:37, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Well, we wouldn't have to learn any more than 5 more coins. They could
be differently shaped for ease of accessibility. As far as the
jingling, to be honest, less and less people use real money any more.
So this may become a moot point anyway. For example, we are getting a
group of Starbucks's restaurants locally in the Buffalo, New York area
that will accept nothing but credit or debit cards. So I wonder how long
there will actually be any so called legal tender any more anyway.

On 6/8/2018 11:03 PM, Gene wrote:
It isn't reasonable to ask that switching to coins be done.
I'll use American denominations in examples since I don't know your
denominations. Who is going to be willing to carry nothing but
coins? If I pay for something with a ten dollar coin, I'm not going
to want to get four coins for dollars and two quarters, a dime and a
nickel back. If I pay for something with a ten dollar coin and I'm
owed eight dollars and twenty cents, I am not going to want to receive
a five dollar coin, three one dollar coins and two dimes. People
aren't going to walk around with lots of heavy coins jingling in their
pockets and wearing out the material in their clothes.
and think of all the different coins you would have to learn. The
penny, nickel, dime, quarter, dollar, five dollar, ten, twenty, fifty,
assuming you never have a higher denomination.