Re: accessible money

And what if the banks go down.

Actually I can think of another reason, I was traveling with my dad on a holiday to australia, its not far from here its not third world its not  to bad its a western country.

We had enough cash between us but my dad had some issues with one of his credit cards, he had told the local bank I think it was westpack he was going to australia and was assured it would be fine, westpack being an australian bank so didn't need to take precautions you take in other parts of the world.

He got to the machines, and tried to pay, and then tried again, nothing.

He got to the banked and they said his account was compromised.

It took us a huge toll call to ring up the local branch in nz to talk to their managers over there to transfer rights over.

So electronic cash isn't really an option when traveling and in markets and with street people you need cash.

Now with your mobile phone previded you don't drop it, get it locked in a shop by mistake, stolen, or anything else that would have all your data stolen your bank direct app of choice may be able to scale global for you with nfc.

But as for cash, I do have a identifier however I usually keep 20 dollar notes, they are easier to handle than moving 50 dollars out, there are ways to identify them but usually I get a trusted friend to handle my cash or just run 20 and 10 dollar notes.

20 50 10 1 and 2 dollar coins are marked for access.

Having extra coins would be a weight to be honest.

I had a wallet split for having to many coins.

On 6/10/2018 6:19 AM, JM Casey wrote:
I think physical cash money will be around for a very long time yet. Even though it’s true some places are trying to go cash-free, I still see places both here in Canada and in the uS that are cash only. They just prefer it that way, and they have their reasons. I’m mostly for the progress of technology and convenience but I, too, prefer cash for a lot of things. But, I guess we will see how things go. I understand that some countries have already mostly made a transition to being cash-free, so maybe, indeed, it is only a matter of time.