Re: accessible money

Gene

With the continued and increasing vulnerability of essential services in societies to disruption by hackers, private or national, it is the height of foolhardiness to rush headlong into more reliance on computerizing things to the extent you are describing.  If I had my way, I would not allow any more computerization of essential services until effective and credible protections are known to be in place.

Mostly eliminating actual money in this environment is dangerous and foolish and so typical of our suicidal societies.

Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2018 8:50 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible money

Sweden has become largely cash-free during the past few years (ironically
enough, partly encouraged by a redesign of the banknotes, which instead of
accepting the change, people to a large extent simply stopped using them
completely).

There are many shops, restaurants and bars with signs saying "no cash" or "we
do not take cash" - they only take payment by card.

Antony.

--
"Black holes are where God divided by zero."

 - Steven Wright

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.