Re: password remover

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

thank u howard

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2018 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] password remover

Sorry folks, I know this does not relate to NVDA, but it's my response to Kerryn.

Kerryn,

Here is a solution to the password problem that I have found.  Others here who are much wiser than I will not recommend it and I have not tried it yet; but I think I'm going to.  The software that you download will create a bootable CD that one would used to boot the computer in question.  A program, supposedly, comes up that allows you to do things with your password.  One of them is to remove it.

It's kind of a last resort thing for me; but it's the only way I will be able to access this computer.  Others say to reinstall windows; but I don't know of a computer today that comes with an install CD.  I assume there are many packages of this type; but the one I downloaded can be found at:

Good luck.

Howard