Re: smart speaker

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

thanks brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io" <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2018 4:22 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] smart speaker

Could I just say that I have the echo dot, and you do need to bear in mind that to install one on your network you need a computer or smart phone with a wireless connection not a wired one.Although you can then run the alexa app on a pc with a wired connection to tweak it, in order to install the device on your network the pc or phone or tablet has to be able to see all wireless signals around including the Echo and your router.
As far as nvda is concerned, my one gripe with the pc alexa app is sluggishness when you type into the fields, ie it can take over a second to say a letter and if you have nvda set to echo you hear the letter twice. Also the tabs sometimes misbehave if they are a long list like skills or history and make it hard to know where you are. I think either nvda needs to look at this or Amazon does. I'm told its fine on mobile devices though.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-